Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Regulation and supervision of Islamic banking in the U.S.

Sukuk.Net:William L. Rutledge, Executive Vice President, Fedral Reserve Bank of New York, remarks at the 2005 Arab Bankers Association of North America (ABANA) Conference on Islamic Finance: Players, Products & Innovations in New York City.

Good morning. I am very pleased to be here today, and I thank ABANA for inviting me. From my perspective as a bank supervisor, conferences that promote greater awareness of important developments within international banking are essential. Islamic finance certainly qualifies as such an area, and I expect that today’s conference will provide an excellent opportunity to exchange information and ideas on current issues relating to this important sector...Continue Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment